One of the greatest challenges for a believer is to do life by faith. 2 Corinthians 5:7 says, "For we walk by faith, not by sight." Faith simply means to agree with, be assured of, to be persuaded, to trust, and to agree with what Christ has accomplished and fulfilled on the Cross. To lean on and fully trust in the thoroughness of the finished work of Jesus is the beginning of walking by faith. In Romans 12:3 we read, “For I say, through the grace given to me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
When the disciples found themselves in the middle of a storm, in the boat, trying to get to the other side they were afraid. They were so panic stricken with fear that faith was the last thing on their minds. As this was happening, Jesus was asleep in the boat. They woke Him and said, “Lord don’t you care that we are about to die, save us.” He arose, took authority over the storm by declaring the peace of the Kingdom, and immediately there was calm. Jesus then turned and said to the disciples in Matthew 8:26 “why are you so fearful, Oh you of little faith.”
Fear is always the enemy of Faith. Faith is living, walking and speaking in agreement with who we now are in Christ. Absolutely, totally relying on the finished work of Christ and resting in Him. When we received Jesus into our life, we received the complete thoroughness of what He paid for on the cross. When you receive Jesus, you do not become a better version of who you were. You are a “New creation in Christ” (2 Cor. 5:17). When you understand this and allow it to be your reality, it will change how you see yourself and how you live your life. Remember, “You do not see what you look at, you see what you look through.” If you look through rose colored glasses, then everything you look at will be rose colored. Live the rest of your life looking through the eyes of who you are in Christ. Walk in that truth, talk in that truth. That is Walking by Faith.
Father, I thank You today that as a believer, in agreement with who I have been made in Christ, I will walk by faith and Declare what has already been provided for me. I Declare that I will not live according to the systems and circumstances of this world. I will walk by faith in agreement with the system of the Kingdom of God. I Declare that I have been given power and authority through the finished work of Christ and by the Word of God. I will speak to my situations and circumstances and watch them change before my very eyes. They will become what God has designed them to be. I Declare that I am who God says I am, and I will do whatever He says I can do. I Declare that I will walk by faith and not by sight in Jesus Name. Amen.
- Mark 11:22-24 “And Jesus answering said to them, Have faith in God, (literally meaning have the faith of God.) For truly I say to you, That whosoever shall say to this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he says shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he says. Therefore I say to you, Whatever things you desire, when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you shall have them.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:7 “For we walk by faith, not by sight.”
- Romans 4:17b “calling those things which are not as though they were.”
- Romans 1:17 “For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.”
- Romans 5:1-2 “Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.”
- 2 Corinthians 4:13 “We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; “
- Ephesians 6:16 “Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.”
- Hebrews 4:2 “For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.”
- Hebrews 11:1, 6 “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”
- James 5:15 “And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.”
- Hebrews 12:2 “Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.”